Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 18th, 2008 West St. Paul

Greetings from Aquatennial world....a quick update on what's been happening.

This past weekend was the West St. Paul parade and coronation. Rob and Tzvet did the parade on Saturday, Jenna and I did the coronation Sunday. Sounds like all went well with the parade. Pretty nice day for it (considering the beautiful spring we've had so far....cough, cough, cough).

Outgoing Royalty with Jenna



Coronation was Sunday afternoon and Jenna and I arrived about a half hour before hand so we could spend a few minutes with the candidates. We had a chance to meet many of them at the kick-off dinner (it's in an earlier post) so this was a little different. Knowing them ahead of time gives you a little different perspective and, to be honest, you kind of know who's going to at least finish in the top three.

Jenna, as usual, nailed it picking all three. I'm still not as good at it. Kind of an interesting way to see if maybe someday we'd be good judges. I don't think I'm ready!

Your New Royal Family



Well, it's been kind of uneventful, but that's about to change. This weekend (Memorial Day weekend) is probably the last totally event free weekend I have all summer...especially if I include my WCCO Radio duties. I'll have plenty to tell you about, I'm sure.

Next up is the Morristown Coronation on the 28th followed by the Grand Old Day Parade in St. Paul June 1st. The whole Aquatennial crew will be at the Grand Old Day Parade so come down and see us!

Lindsey Peterson
2008 Aquatennial Captain

No comments: